Thursday, March 11, 2010

Things I love #1...Tag Reading System

My Girls have always had a love for books.Paige is just learning to read and I think that the Tag Reading System has given her a leg up on that. We purchased it for her for her Christmas last year, she has had it a year now. She bores easily and we weren't sure if it would be worth the money, but we are very glad we gave it to her. In the beginning she used it to read every word, but now she only touches the words she can't sound out.There are games in the books as well as funny sounds and phrases from the characters when you touch them with the Tag Pen.

What I like is it grows with the kids.My youngest daughter Piper wanted one very badly so Santa brought her one for Christmas this year. What is nice is if you have a little one who is at the transition age between toddler and preschool you can buy the regular Tag and use Tag Jr books. She can play the games and interact with the illustrations the same as her sister, but the books cater more to her 4 year old level. Right now we have 6 Tag books and 4 Tag Jr books and I plan on buying more. They light up when I bring one home. They really keep them busy when you go somewhere too, there is also a headphone jack so they can read and listen without disturbing others in public situations.


Here is Paige at the Doctor's office waiting...



From the Leapfrog site: Turn reading into an endless adventure! Tag™ is the #1 best-selling reading system that brings 30+ books and games magically to life, inspiring a lifelong love of reading. As children explore books
with the Tag Reader, they encounter well-loved characters
and leveled learning activities.


Do you have one of these? I would love to hear your experiences!
(I was not given this product I purchased with my own money)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a giveaway please make sure to leave your email if it is not listed on your profile :)