Friday, January 7, 2011

The Shelving Store review

Space is limited in our home, we are in a townhouse and everyone's stuff just seems to multiply! I have been trying to make a concious effort to read more but every time I go for the book (books) I want to read I can never find it. Floor space is limited for a bookshelf and I don't have enough books to fill one. I was thrilled when The Shelving Store sent me this floating bookshelf!
I have it in the entryway and it is one of the first things you see when you enter our home. I have recieved many comments and people really are amazed how it looks like my books are "floating" on the wall.

My hubby stared at it for a good half hour before he gave up and took the books off to see how I had done it!

Here is what the magic behind the books looks like:
There is a very tiny groove for the back cover to rest on so it will not dangle. The load bearing part of the shelf is tucked neatly inside the bottom hardcover book.   

 It was very easy to install, it only took about 5 minutes.   
I like the fact that it makes the books more of a decoration than clutter. As my collection grows I plan on ordering a couple more to do a tiered collection up the wall. I currently have 3 books sitting here for review, I have started 1 of them already but with the computer and kids it is hard to find time to sit and read anything that isn't a children's book. I will get them done...eventually :)

The Shelving Store offers a lot of great shelving and storage options it is enough to make an organization mama drool! You should definately check them out and right now their entire site is 30% off!

*I was provided this product free of charge in exchange for my fair and honest review, the views expressed are my own*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a giveaway please make sure to leave your email if it is not listed on your profile :)