Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Blink of an eye

     Well I attempted to resurrect my blog a while back, which I just realized was 4 years ago. Life has been so busy, I was working and I was always on the go. Last week we made the decision as a family that I would put in my notice at work. Friday was my last day. Bittersweet because I will miss my favorite customers (cook/server) but I am glad to be able to focus my time to getting my family on track. There was never enough time.
 
     The  reason for the decision was to be able to homeschool my daughter Piper. She is an amazing sweet, funny, energetic 11 year old girl now. In the spring we got the diagnosis that we have been waiting for. She has autism. She is high functioning and unless you are with her a lot you wouldn't be able to tell. She gets overwhelmed easy and needs to take a break. She has times when it comes out as anger or crying. She was having a bad time with peers and and staying focused in class. Also having OCD doesn't help. My days now revolve around giving her the best learning environment for her and being here to help her deal with the pressures of 6th grade online schooling. I will get into it more later but for now I am here, whether anyone reads this or not :) I know I will go stir crazy so I want to get back to what I love. Creating and blogging :) It will make the days go by a little better :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a giveaway please make sure to leave your email if it is not listed on your profile :)